A freeware antivirus and general online protection application.
360 Total Security is an anti-malware and antivirus program produced by Chinese developer "Qihu". One of the advantages of 360 Total Security is its reliance on multiple antivirus engines which allows for better detection of malware. It has its own "360 Cloud Engine" along with the free definitions from Avira and Bit Defender.
Even though the name might suggest it, 360 Total Security isn't really an all-in-one security application; that is, it doesn't include a firewall and other sometimes necessary modules.
The modes offered by 360 Total Security including balanced and performance. The scanning modes, depending on what's required are "Full", "Quick" and "Manual". The full scan is obviously the most comprehensive. Additional options and customizations are offered in the manual mode as you might suspect.
In addition to being a standard antivirus scanner, 360 Total Security also includes web page scans, download scans and protection against online fraud and phishing attempts.
Other tools included in this application are turning off unnecessary services and startup programs, a cleaning utility to remove temporary files.
In conclusion: 360 Total Security is a multi-engine antivirus scanner which uses at the very least 2 different respectable antivirus definition sets: Bit Defender and Avira. Its other tools are probably unnecessary but not useless.
Features of 360 Total Security
- Antivirus: Real-time protection against malware and viruses.
- Cleanup: Optimize and clean up your system with one click.
- Data Theft Protection: Protect your personal data from theft.
- Download Protection: Scan downloaded files for malicious content.
- File Shredder: Permanently delete sensitive files.
- Patch Up: Automatically patch up security vulnerabilities.
- Privacy Cleaner: Erase your online and offline activities.
- Ransomware Protection: Block ransomware and other threats.
- Sandbox: Isolate and run suspicious files in a secure environment.
- Shopping Protection: Safeguard your online shopping and banking.
- Speedup: Boost system performance with Quick and Full scans.
- System Repair: Repair system problems with one click.
- Vulnerability Scan: Detect and fix system vulnerabilities.
- Webcam Protection: Prevent unauthorized access to your webcam.
- Wi-Fi Checker: Monitor and secure your Wi-Fi connection.
Compatibility and License
360 Total Security is a freeware, but ad-supported application available on Windows from antivirus. You may encounter different types of ads or offers when running and installing this program. Though ads might be present, download and installation of this PC software is free and 22.214.171.1242 is the latest version last time we checked.
What version of Windows can 360 Total Security run on?
360 Total Security can be used on a computer running Windows 11 or Windows 10. Previous versions of the operating system shouldn't be a problem with Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista having been tested. Windows XP is supported. It comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit downloads.